Thursday, August 22, 2013

Staying home: homeschooling

Well,  not going to lie -- I am LOVING the opportunity I have homeschooling Mason.  He has done a fantastic job!  I am learning, however,  that the success of homeschooling rests mainly with me and my consistency.  Mason will feed off of me.  He doesn't always feel like having school.  There are added distractions at home that can make paying attention more difficult (your own toys only feet away is one!).  We've maintained out schedule so far (knock on wood) have maintained the house as well!  In fact, in many ways, I feel like the structure in the morning actually helps me stay on task.  We'll see how it goes the rest of the year,  but so far- so good!  
 
For those curious about Ian during this time- well, he kinda goes along with us.  He loves calendar time and the songs.  When it's one for seat work- he loves to watch Elmo singing on the computer.  When mason is done with school - they both play toys while I clean up the kitchen.  I try to get the other things like beds made, laundry, etc.  done before school starts :)- some days are successful and some aren't- and that's okay!  

Any questions about our day?  Just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment